Taking a trip in one of the 10 beautiful beaches in North America implies unique local experiences and access to the freshest seafood. Coastal locations offer its visitors and patrons mouthwatering dishes infused with flavors from its early settlers that were passed on through the years. Your journey will definitely leave you with memories not only your eyes have seen but also your taste buds have taken pleasure in.
Let’s have look on what’s on the menu:
1. Rehoboth Beach: This Delaware hotspot has plenty of restaurants which will serve you lip smacking dishes to satisfy your seafood cravings. Aside from seafood, Rehoboth Beach is popular for its Grotto Pizza and Malt Vinegar French Fries served with a side of creamy seafood bisque for its delicious taste. After a big meal, take a stroll along the boardwalk or dip your toes in its waters which is rated 5-star by the National Resources Defense Council for water clarity.
2. Hilton Head Island: You will find the best, signature island recipes in Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. Crazy Crab’s menu brings tasty Lowcountry recipes with each entrée prepared to order and its Crab Legs are said to be the best in town. Eyeing a family friendly waterfront restaurant? Try Fishcamp on Broadway Creek and its extensive menu ranging from seafood to steak offering backyard games for the kids and the young at heart. Don’t miss out on other town favorites which include Reilly’s Grill and Bar, Red Fish, Land End’s Tavern, Carolina Crab Company, and Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Dining.
3. Santa Cruz: World famous preparations of entrees like grilled octopus, oysters, seared salmon and mussels can be found in Santa Cruz, California with their use of fresh ingredients and catches. Sample the fresh catch at Johnny’s Harbor Side Restaurant and Bar with offerings made just the way you want it. Or try the specialties of Riva Fish House such as the Mata Hari Calamari, Prawns and Scallops Monterey or Oysters Devil Woman. Santa Cruz is filled with various seafood restaurants to fill your appetite.
4. Cape May: Considered as America’s oldest coastal resort, the town still maintains its beautiful Victorian homes and its laid back vibe. Whenever you visit New Jersey, there are many restaurants to opt for – from hotdog stands to oceanfront restaurants such Lobster House, Pier House, and Oyster Bay. On the other side, you can also find the best-steamed lobster food at an affordable price.
5. Edgartown: Once known as a whaling center in Massachusetts which housed more than a 100 sea captains, there’s no doubt that this place has its seafood dishes nailed down. For the best country-style dinner filled with codfish cakes, almond crusted challah French toast, and garlic steamed half lobster with parsley sauce, Edgartown will not disappoint you with the variety of restaurants that you can choose from such as the Seafood Shanty and Atlantic Fish and Chop House.
6. Key West: Be prepared for seafood dishes with diverse and delicious influences from its early settlers. While enjoying the sights and beaches of Florida, take some time and sink your teeth into flavorful local bites such as its fried fish sandwiches, spicy mussels, mollusk conch fritters and fried hogfish sandwiches. There are a number of restaurants that will cater to your taste and budget. Thirsty Mermaid for example, serves pan sautéed yellowtail snapper over fettucine in citrus chive butter and the yellowfin tuna served with jasmine rice and wok-fried vegetables. Yum!
7. Galveston: For the most delicious lump crab, crabmeat, and crawfish with a bite of spice, then Galveston in the southeast of Houston, Texas has you covered. Take on the heat with its crab stuffed with jalapeños or poblano peppers. Long standing restaurants such as Gaido’s and Fisherman’s Wharf are famous for its oyster platter, red snapper dishes and Shrimp Kisses (bacon-wrapped shrimp stuffed with jalapeño Jack cheese). To indulge your sweet tooth and take a trip back in time where soda fountains serving malts, shakes, ice cream sodas, sundaes, splits, floats and your favorite fountain drinks are available, visit La King’s confectionery and order its Purity ice cream (Texas first ice cream manufacturer) or take home one of its award-winning treats.
8. Ocean Springs: Try the delicious crawfish, boiled shrimp, fried soft shell crab and crab meat in Ocean Springs, Mississippi. Go for the muffallatta and tasty crab meat dressing at B B’s Po-boy and Seafood Restaurant, the local panko-crusted red snapper from Vestige or feast on all-you-can-eat catfish at Aunt Jenny’s Catfish Restaurant.Ocean Springs has more restaurants to deliver yummy seafood at your budget.
9. Kailua-Kona: Kailua-Kona is highly named for its amazing seafood restaurants with a variety of the local’s fresh catch. At the same time, get a chance to try 45 flavors of drinks from root beer to green tea. With the availability of excellent seafood, one can experience the delicious tastewhich which will make you come for more. If you are looking for tasty homemade crab cakes and seafood trio, then go to Jackie Rey’s Ohana Grill.
10. Traverse City: Michigan’s cherry capital which sits on Lake Michigan and Grand Traverse Bay is said to be the open-air gathering place where seafood exploration is delightful. The menu changes daily in most of the restaurants depending on their fresh ingredients so you can expecta variety of delicious shrimp and lobster bisque, whitefish tacos, octopus dishes and more. Apache Trout Grill signature dishes such as the shrimp lobster bisque, panko whitefish, shrimp savory crepe are a must-taste. There are also many moderately priced Restaurants available across Traverse City to cater to any budget.